Heartburn Home Remedies
Heartburn can be cured by home remedies. In order to cure heartburn, try these home remedies and learn how to treat it and how to reduce your chances of getting heartburn. Heartburn is a common disease which is known by many names. Indigestion, bloating and dyspepsia are all other names of heartburn.
DEFINITION OF HEARTBURN:
Heartburn is a vague discomfort of chest or abdominal. It is often occurred after consuming food or liquids.
Upper abdominal heaviness or fullness
Feeling of burning sensation behind breastbone
Excessive belching or gas
Full feeling in abdomen
Sour or acid taste in mouth
Pressure or pain behind breastbone
Pain between shoulders or in neck that follows food
The exact or definite cause behind Heartburn is not known yet. Most symptoms of heartburn is related to drinking, eating, swallowing air, stress and emotional upset. Excessive drinking, eating and smoking are the most common causes of heartburn.
Heartburn can be cured or at least minimized by following a few, standard guidelines.
1. Do not smoke before or while eating food. Smoking causes to swallow small amounts of air. Amount of air form air pockets in the digestive track with the added pressure of food, which becomes the cause of heartburn. Smoking also slow down the ability of the body to digest food. So it is dangerous to smoke before or while eating. You need to avoid this habit in order to prevent heartburn.
2. Take a time and monitor which foods cause you to suffer heartburn. If you eliminate all these foods which cause heartburn (such as beans, cucumber, cabbage, and onions), your suffering of heartburn can minimize.
3. Try to sit in upright position, while eating at a dinner table.
4. Go for a walk after eating food. Walk will help stimulate the digestive system of your body.
5. Avoid chewing gum before eating. It also causes to swallow air.
6. Do not eat more then your hunger.
7. Avoid wearing restrictive or tight clothing.
8. Concentrate on your food and chew it thoroughly and slowly.
9. Avoid distracting your attention from your plate and thinking that how food which you are eating smells, how it taste and how it looks like.
10. Avoid consuming alcohol with food. Alcohol is also cause heartburn.
Through the use of antacids, many symptoms of heartburn can be relived this is one of the effective heartburn home remedies. Meditations are the treatment for many mild cases of heartburn. Meditation helps to absorb excess stomach acids and increase the rate of digestion food. Liquid antacids most often work better then pills or tablets to neutralize stomach.
Doctors also suggest their patients to keep a daily food diary. It helps them to monitor what food triggers are present in their daily life. When they find common triggers, they can eliminate foods one by one. Chocolate, fried and fatty foods and spices are common heartburn triggers.
1. Increase the use of ginger in food.
2. Digestive enzymes
3. Increase fiber
4. Add more water
5. Try tea
6. Go herbal